Friday, November 9, 2007

Holiday Table Topper

Posts from me three days in a row? Something MUST be up... Ah, I figured it out! I finally don't have any house guests to take care of :) As much as I enjoyed Grandpa Nelson and Gloria Elena's visit, it sure is good to have things back to 'normal' again...

I can't post what I'm working on right now - because it's a secret. My online Thimbleberries group is having a Christmas Tree Skirt exchange and I'm busy choosing the right pattern and fabrics. You'll just have to wait to see photos until after the exchange - because my 'Secret Santa' recipient reads my blog regularly...

So.... I'm posting another one of my purchases! (Haven't been doing too much actual sewing, but I've still been able to get my quilt fix! LOL) I won this table runner on eBay recently, and it came in the mail today! It was sewn and hand appliqued by Marilyn Ginsburg, and hand quilted by a friend of hers. All it needs is binding...

And here's a closeup of the hand quilting:

Seeing beautiful hand quilting like this almost inspires me to get out my hoop and thimble and try again.... Note that I said 'almost' :)

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Love this. Congrats on winning and umm, go ahead, pull out the hoop and try again. Its relaxing.

Glad to read you're free of house guests for a while, too. That's a treat.

*karendianne who still isn't bothering with her hand quilting project because??? we dont know why!

SuBee said...

Great score from e-bay! How come I never find those? Congrats! The colors on that are just luscious.......

Debi said...

I am also a TB-aholoic and just finished my Warm and Cozy quilt. None of my local shops support TB meetings, maybe I will have to look online.