Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Top on My To Do List DONE!

It's taken me a little while to get on the computer to post it, but I finished my Twilight Village top on New Year's Day (and it's been crossed out on my sidebar list)! Here's a pic:

Sorry it's a bit fuzzy - I was trying to stand on a dining room chair to take an 'aerial' shot - but I don't seem to be too steady! LOL And yes, I was able to make it with ALL ORIGINAL FABRICS - just as I had hoped. :)

Next on my list is Fat Quarter 5 Stripe. I began this quilt back in 2003 the first retreat I attended out in Minnesota. I love this quilt! Don't ask me why I haven't finished it, because I really can't wait to snuggle under it. All of the strip piecing is done for the 5" blocks, and they still need to be assembled into the (12) 15" ones. I think I need to put up my portable design wall (flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth) and start working on the layout.

To tie you over until I can post my own top, here's a picture of the one on display at the retreat. In front of it (from left to right) are my friend Pam, Lynette Jensen from Thimbleberries, me, and my friend Kairle. We were the first three from our online Thimbleberries group to attend the retreat.

I guess I should actually start working on this now :) Chao for now...

11 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

Wait a minute, Honey! It ain't finished until it's quilted and bound! LOL!!!

I have major regrets about giving my FQ 5 Stripe to the girl I thought was going to marry my son. I gave it her for Christmas last year and she dumped him in February. Bummer! Learned a good lesson though...no quilts for girlfriends! ROFLOL!

Love the photo. That was taken in what my kids call my short hair days. :-)

Kristie said...

I love both quilts they are very beautiful! You did a very nice job on the village top.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! Is it pint-size or did you do it the full size of the pattern? I love the Fat Quarter 5 Stripe too; hope you get time to work on it soon.

Kathy said...

Love that quilt. I am also a lover of Thimbleberries! Thanks for sharing.

Debi said...

Very pretty, the fabrics are beautiful.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great quilts. Love Thimbleberries.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Pretty quilt. Good work. Congratulations on finishing it.

Unknown said...

Love your Twilight Village and how neat to be at a retreat with Lynette Jensen. Thanks for adding the new link to my blog!

Jo Raines said...

It's beautiful and how great to meet Lynette Jensen. I try to take aerial shots of some of mine, too. Your shot is perfectly clear to me!

Suzy said...

I'm sooo jealous! You got to go on a quilting retreat with Lynette Jensen. I adore Thimbleberries fabrics. I also love your quilts. Lucky, lucky girl. Happy quilting! :o)

Sue said...

Very nice quilt top!

Retreats are awesome, I look forward to the time that I'm able to do more of them.