Saturday, March 1, 2008

Progress with my list...

I've been a busy bee, and have not one by TWO tops to show! Whoo hoo! Here is Lakeland Pines, which is the first quarterly project in the Thimbleberries Quilt Club this year. The Lodge colorway really appealed to me, and I plan to do all four small projects through one quilt shop and the big quilt with another shop. I'm trying my best to support my local shops, and to keep them buying Thimbleberries fabrics.

Here is the second top I've been working on. It's from the Thimbleberries pattern called Flower Maze and I used Autumn Traditions fabrics to make it. I saw it at the retreat last year and just HAD to buy the kit. The colors are perfect for fall, or for watching my favorite NFL team, the Washington Redskins, try to make the playoffs again.

And now for my next project. The fabric FINALLY arrived for my outside borders, and I'm ready to continue working on Fat Quarter 5 Stripe. I spent yesterday afternoon arranging the scrappy blocks and labelling them all with masking tape. There are a total of 108 5.5" blocks, so I wouldn't want to get them (or me) confused... LOL! For now, they're in any empty box that I picked up at Pizza Hut last night, but I'm hoping to do a lot of sewing tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...

6 comments:

Beth said...

You have been busy. Your tops are just beautiful. You do such a great job. I can't believe the project you are working on now! How many blocks?????? Good Luck, can't wait to see it.

Kairle Oaks said...

Go, Kristie!!! I can't wait to see that FQ 5 Stripe FINISHED!

Marit Johanne said...

Your tops are beautiful. The first one is just my favorite colors!

Jeni said...

I'm new to blogging and just found your site. Your quilt tops look awesome, I just love Thimbleberries. My very first kit was Safe Haven and I've been hooked ever since.

WIPPYSPLACE said...

OH WE DO NEED TO GET TO KNOW ANOTHER! I just went to this site in reply to your comment..I am going to add you.
I fell in love with THIMBLEBERRIES about 4 years ago and believe me--nothing is going to change that! I cant have too much for sure and i do so much love this years fabrics...email me--would love to chat *~*CAROLE*~* love your site so will be adding it to mine :o))

Michelle said...

I'm doing the Lodge quarterly projects too! Love 'em! I just found your blog...looks good!