Monday, August 27, 2007

My First Post!

Not so subtle, huh?!? LOL

Yes, it's my birthday - my 33rd, to be exact. And, as part of the festivities, I'm celebrating another event - the birth of my very own blog!

I've considered starting a blog for some time, but got the final push from Kim - especially when she mentioned the Thimbleberries' Hometown Christmas quilt. I already have all of the houses and trees completed, and just need to work on the borders and all of their applique shapes. I'll be doing them all by hand - so I'm sure that everyone else working on this project will catch up with me rather quickly! LOL

Just a short bit of background about me: I've been collecting Thimbleberries fabrics for many years and only started to cut into them recently. Most of the reason for that was that I feared my piecing would not be accurate enough and I'd ruin the project. Slowly I've been getting better - but, as you can see by the lists to the right, I still have A LOT of quilts to make! (Thanks Patti for your help with the HTML code for my lists!)

I guess that's all for now... I should have more to say tomorrow!

18 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

WooHoo!!! Welcome aboard, Kristie!!! I hope to see LOTs and LOTS of photos as you work on all of your Thimbleberries projects!!!

Have an absolutely wonderful birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations, Kristie, I shall put another blog in my favorites. Good start.

Kim said...

Good to see you've joined us here in Blogland, Kristie! Welcome! And happy birthday to you!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday Kristie!

I hope you have fun with your new blog! Looks like you're already a pro... way to go!
Patty

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Kristie! And Happy Blogday!

You have an impressive list of projects there, young lady! I see a lot of beauties will be posted by you! Can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Blogland! Hope you have as much fun as I have had:) Be sure to take pictures. Happy Birthday Kristie!

His Office, My Studio said...

Happy Birthday and Welcome to blogging!

Mar said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Welcome to Blogland from another newbie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristie!!! If your a friend of Kims then you are a friend of ....... wait did you say you ARE a friend of KIM'S?????? Hmmmmmmm LOL!!!! Do you really know her???
Anyhoo, welcome to blogland.

Darlene said...

Welcome to blogland, Kristie and Happy Birthday!

I have a DD named Kristie so I like you already! :-)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy Birthday to you! and welcome to blogland..

Carol said...

Welcome to Blogland Kristie and a very Happy Birthday! You will have so much fun here and meet wonderful, wonderful friends.

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday Kristie and Welcome to bloggerville! Will be looking forward to seeing all your projects.

Sharon said...

Kristie, I look forward to reading your blog and seeing all of your quilting projects. Oh yes, I am so anxious about going to retreat the very first time, meeting you there and having you show me the ropes.

Lootysmom

Susie said...

Hi Kristie
I am a relatively new blogger too. From the looks of the side bars of your blog you have alot of sewing to do girl! I have grown kids now but I do remember how special those small moments of sewing can be.

Happy Birthday!

Kim West said...

Welcome to blogland - welcome to Q4P, and Happy birthday!!!

Nina In Norway said...

Just found your blog. Welcome to blogland! And a well meaning, late, Happy Birhtday! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jacquelynn Fife said...

Hi Kristie, just got to the beginning of your blog, reading backwards!!!
Really enjoyed your musings and your photos!
Keep posting and keep sewing Thimbleberries!!!
Hve you or do you if anyone has 'catalogued' the patterns in each book? Databased the patterns in each book?
I know that you orobably have them memorized!

Ag. 27 is Sandy's husband's birthday as well as the birthday of our wonderful aunt. Jackie