Thursday, September 6, 2007

Best Laid Plans....

As you can see from this photo, having two happy kids ready for school was about the only thing I accomplished on my to-do list... Both are now in middle school, which is just up the block from our home. Yesterday afternoon was spent listening to all of their stories... like Logan's issues with the lock for his locker, and how Mackenzie's class has five girls - and nineteen boys!!

I 'did' manage to attend September's Thimbleberries Club meeting at my LQS last night. On display was the fourth quarter pattern Raspberry Swirl - which I think is my favorite of the four individual projects. The TB Club leader and LQS owner had not seen what 2008's club quilts looked like, so I showed them the photo that Main Street Cotton Shop had added to their website. If you'd like to see a preview of next year's club quilt(s), click here. I'll probably do the Lodge version and repeat one of the center blocks instead of doing five different ones. Hopefully we'll get to see these at the retreat - along with the four individual patterns!

I brought an item for show and tell - but I can't show it here, because friends going to the retreat with me will see it and know what will be in their goodie bags from me! LOL It's a really simple project that requires just four seams!

Besides preparing for the retreat, I need to clean my home from top to bottom before September 24. That's the day DH's father will come from Colombia to visit us for three weeks. DH was born down there and moved here 22 years ago. His father has never been to the US, so this trip is a long time coming ;) DH can't wait to show his dad the sights... Not just the touristy ones, but the landmarks in DH's own history. I am so happy that my kids will be able to spend time with Grandpa Nelson, and show him everything about their lives here.

So... today I must TOTALLY clean the kids' bedroom. Grandpa Nelson will be staying in there, and it's a disaster area right now. I'm hoping to have the room re-painted before I leave for MY trip... but nothing's set in stone :)

2 comments:

Mar said...

The kids are adorable! Now with them in school you have time to do what you want to do... right?

Sharon said...

Cute kids and big smiles. You are very fortunate Kristie. Now, "goody bags", what is this all about? My first year I need all the scoop on what to do and how to do it. LOL

How wonderful that your DFIL is coming for a visit. I bet Jorge is really excited.

Lootysmom