Friday, September 14, 2007

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off to Retreat I Go!

Whoo hoo!! I am typing this from my hotel room in Wisconsin after an EXHAUSTIVE day of travel... I can't wait for my head to hit my pillow - but I'm waiting for my friend Patty to arrive. Patty and I both flew into Minneapolis/St. Paul today at different times and we each took separate road trips. I'm sure she'll have a lot to talk about on her blog once she returns home :) My day started with a mad dash to the airport... I don't know what it is, but I have a really hard time getting to the airport on time, let alone 'early'. Fortunately, DH put his race car driving skills to the test and found a way to drop me off at the terminal with seconds to spare. The kids even chose to see me off at the airport instead of sleeping a few extra hours - how sweet! Once inside, I quickly checked my luggage and ran to the security checkpoint. Surprisingly, they did not have me open my carryon bag (which held my sewing machine) for a hands-on inspection. Once I got my sneakers back on and laptop re-packed, it was off to the gate. I was praying with every step that the plane wouldn't leave without me - and, when I got to the gate, the Continental employee announced that boarding had begun. Whew! I can't tell you much about the flight itself - because I slept most of the time. Before I knew it, the plane had landed twenty minutes EARLY and I was off to the car rental area. I got a compact car (Chevy Cobalt) that suits me just fine. And - bonus - has XM satellite radio! Once I got my GPS gadgetry all setup, it was time to start hitting the quilt shops! (To be continued...)

3 comments:

Michele said...

I can't wait to hear of your travels Kristie! You will include pictures . . . right???

Mar said...

Oh what fun! Can't wait to hear your reports.

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a great time. We're keeping Kim company while her friends are away. :-) The quilt shops are wonderful in all the states you are going too. Have fun!!